The Buffet Cars in this group were:
The first car was simply 'Buffet Car' converted from _AE_ 34 and placed into service March 1937. The conversion work on this vehicle took eighteen months.
The other Buffet cars were built new as steel cars for the 'Spirit of Progress' service.
The railway Registers do not show any car number, just the name. Yet early photographs undated show numbers on the car underframes. This may have occurred after 1939 when the other SOP cars were renumbered.
File c548m compiled by Peter J. Vincent, updated 3/3/2008